Take the first step into your dive career and become a PADI Dive-master! Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive professional. PADI Dive-master training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
What can PADI Dive-Masters do?
- Work at dive centers, live-aboard dive boats and dive resort anywhere in the world
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
What's included in the Dive-Master Package?
- Career Counseling session
- All tuition, coaching and lectures
- Boat and river dives
- Retail Traineeship
- Divemaster/guide opportunities
- Professional Reference
What will I do?
- Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
- Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
- Training exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities
- An internship or series of practical training exercises
- Learn Boat Dive Operations
- Learn Dive Shop Operations
What do I need to start?
- PADI Rescue Diver certification.
- Medical clearance signed by a physician with last 12 months
- EFR First Aid or equivalent within the last 24 months
- 40 logged dives (60 logged dives to finish)
- minimum 18 years old
- Personal Dive equipment including pocket mask, knife, whistle and SMB
What will it cost?
Total price for the course is $1,100.00. We ask for $300 deposit on acceptance and remainder on commencement of instruction.
When can I start?
The Dive Master program is flexible, we do have scheduled programs throughout the year, however you can start at the time of your convenience. Just let us know when you would like to begin and we will set you on your path to becoming a dive professional.